SCTE and US First Program Partnership
SCTE joined in its alliance with First to support their mission to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills that inspire innovation.
First’s annual programs culminate in an international robotics competition and celebration where teams win recognition, gain self-confidence, develop people and life skills, make new friends, and discover a potential career path such as cable telecommunications.
The cable industry can benefit greatly from being involved with FIRST to support future leaders and inform them of the viable career opportunities within the telecommunications field.
How SCTE Chapters Can Get Involved:
For SCTE Chapters, getting involved puts you in touch with your local community and helps you to shape future leaders of the telecommunications industry. SCTE Chapters can:
- Invite students to attend a chapter event or vendor day
- Invite students or teams to present at a chapter event
- Recruit new students from your chapter’s membership
- Host team meetings at your facility
- Host a local career fair for FIRST student participants
How SCTE Members Can Get Involved:
Individual members can get involved in this rewarding program and pass on your knowledge and passion for the cable telecommunications industry to the next generation of innovators. SCTE Members can:
- Become a team mentor or coach
- Organize an event or program
- Help out at a competition
- Make a difference in the lives of a young person
How SCTE Corporate Members and Industry Partners Can Get Involved:
For corporate members and partners, it’s the most enlightened investment you could ever make in our industry’s future innovators. Sponsor a team, event, or local first program. SCTE partners can:
- Provide financial support, equipment or facilities
- Involve employees as mentors
- Offer scholarships or provide internships
- Enjoy the recognition and industry-shaping benefits
For more information on the program, email USFirst@scte.org.